Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Equipment Fails... Again. (another reason why not to cache on this equipment)


*Story 2*

T.O. Hydro Pulls Out Every Worker To Fix Stray Voltage After Five Children Shocked On Streets
Friday January 30, 2009 Staff

"It was frightening enough when it involved some dogs in the city.
Now it's affected at least one child, and possibly as many as five, sparking a massive repair job by Toronto Hydro.
It's another case of stray voltage, the same kind of electric shock that resulted in the death of two dogs over the past three months and left several other canines suffering burns to their paws.
CityNews has learned the children were on their way back from a school field trip when they may have suffered exposure or shocks from a handwell at Dundas and Sumach"

One of many reasons why you shouldn't geocache on, in or around electrical equipment... because electrical equipment can fail.

Please read this article...(LINK)

There are so many other places we can hide our game pieces. Please stay away from electrical equipment.


*Story 1*

Firefighters attempt to resuscitate a dog that had been electrocuted while walking in the Keele Street and Dundas Street area on Tuesday, Jan. 13, 2009.

For the second time in just three months, a dog has been electrocuted while out for a walk near High Park.
The dog, a five-year-old labrador-poodle, instantly began convulsing after he stepped on a live wire jutting out from a metal plate at the base of a hydro pole.
The dog's owner called 911 at around 2 a.m. from the scene at Baird Park, close to Keele and Annette Street. Firefighters tried to resuscitate the animal but were unable to save it.

Yet again, another lamp post fails...
Very sad. :(

Please don't geocache in or on any type of electrical equipment. Reading the posts below will explain how this article relates to geocaching safety and will also explain why I feel it's dangerous to cache on electrical equipment.